WHERE REAL HIP HOP LIVES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

check the new biggie song - the language is FIREEEE - still going to be a radio hit

Go down

check the new biggie song - the language is FIREEEE - still going to be a radio hit  Empty Re: check the new biggie song - the language is FIREEEE - still going to be a radio hit

Post by Admin Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:58 pm

it was all a dream

Admin
Admin

https://real-hip-hop.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

check the new biggie song - the language is FIREEEE - still going to be a radio hit  Empty Re: check the new biggie song - the language is FIREEEE - still going to be a radio hit

Post by Admin Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:04 pm

I really don't get how something like that can be played on radio... Like my kids would be listening to this criminal non-sense while riding to school. This "music" will not have any type of success, and if it does, it's only going to incite violence and hate.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:13 pm

ahahahahah classic rich, snob mommy comment. YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT WE ARE GOING THROUGH OUT HERE. Keep listening to Céline Dion and Mariah Carey, while walking down 5th avenue to choose the new bag to buy. The real world is not like that, and finally people are showing it. YOU BETTER GET USED TO THIS!! REAL HIP HOP for REAL PEOPLE

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:47 am

We have politicians and journalists to address and talk about poverty in the streets, violence and hate.Real educated people! And i don't hear them talking about it the way this man does, using the world n***a? and then they get all mad when they are called that way... how can this notorious big teach respect if he has no respect at all? just listen to his opening line, calling women prostitutes... this shouldn't be radio music!! it's irrelevant, rude, vulgar, ignorant, violent, and very disrespectful.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:10 pm

That's the problem you don't hear journalists talking in this way about Brooklyn, you don't hear them talking about it at all. I bet all ya know bout Brooklyn is how to spell it. people here die everyday! we kill each other! and what are the politicians that you love doing? they feeding theme self on us. Exactly the same way you're doing, poverty, dark skin, and slang are associated to criminality, that's why brothers down here get arrested every day. my homie yesterday got locked up after defending himself from cops hitting him. know he in jail, and because of the way your beloved system works, the judgment process is going to take at least 6 months, in which he is going to be behind bars even if completely innocent. what you think he's going to do once he get out?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:55 pm

I understand there’s a lot of violence going on, but this rapper right here was active part of that violence. “ I made the change from a common thief, to up close and personal with Robin Leach”. How can he be a model? How can a criminal have a positive influence?  “considered a fool cause I dropped out of high school”… you are a fool if you don’t even have an high school diploma. All this shows is that you can be living a lawless life, not having respect for anyone, and you’ll still be able to go on radio and be presented as a model. And now that he went through the struggle of Brooklyn and had success and money what is he doing? Is he helping the community he grew up with?  “phone bills about two G’s flat” “ moet and alize” “limousine with a chauffeur” he doesn’t CARE!!! He’s just happy spending money, “smoking weed with” his “peeps all day”. A man that wants to make the difference, to change something, won’t talk with so much greatness about the violence and the gangster life that makes this “big struggle” you’re talking about. At the end of the day this plays on the radio, everyone listens to it, and what you get out of it is that is cool to be a criminal.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:55 pm

An artist reflects himself in his art, he talks about what he talks about cause that’s the life he lived. Biggie ain’t no model he’s just a medium, to show everyone what goes on in here. We don’t have the good teachers you guys have in private schools, they don’t care about us, cause no one cared about them. “spread love is the Brooklyn way” do you understand the value of this quote? Said by one of the most respected person in Brooklyn. Biggie ain’t no teacher, he’s just exposing things people might not be exposed to regularly. He’s not saying you can be a criminal because anyway you’ll still have success as an artist, he’s showing how you can be something else from a criminal, he’s giving value to an art like music, a passion and showing how you can be doing that instead of dealing crack or stealing cars. We are all criminals anyway in here, humans adapt to fit a specific context, and in the Brooklyn context it seems you’re forced to be a criminal, anyway no matter what you're going to be considered a criminal, Biggie is showing another way, how art can be an escape from this.

He doesn’t care about his community? “Call the crib, same number same hood, It's all good” he brought all of his people on the top with him, and now they want to celebrate cause they got where no one thought it was possible? They deserve to do that. Biggie is not showing your kids that is dope to be a criminal, he’s showing them that black people are people too, not violent animals, so maybe next time they’ll meet a black dude at the park, they’ll play with him.That’s where everything starts, with human interactions between individuals. Biggie is only tying to turn criminals into artists.
PEACE

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:30 am; edited 3 times in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:56 pm

But why can’t he just say all of that with more refined and respectful words?, that would get the message across way better, and following your reasoning it would appeal more to “us”, the people that need to be aware of what goes on in Brooklyn.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hey. I just read the beef that’s being going on between you guys and I think I have a good way to explain you why the language in this song is what it is. “I cringe at old, ashamed memories And the period of darkness before, But remembrance reminds me of my quest. How far I have come! My dream fulfilled. Strangers surround me and praise my talents And I enjoy rewards once so foreign. As my fame grows, so too does my ledger. “ that’s the text of juicy translated into Shakespearean language. You get it. It doesn’t work. The language is part of the context. Is not like he speaks in a certain way so that people don’t complain. When they teach the holocaust in schools, they don’t talk about concentration camps as “dangerous playgrounds” or about SS officers as “lost, insecure, innocent souls”. The language of art cannot be as neutral and objective as the language of history. Language has the ROLE to reflect what’s being expressed. In the hood, in Brooklyn they don’t call black people people, not even black, they are called niggas, that’s why biggie cannot use any other terms to express certain concepts. The music and the lyrics are so raw and violent cause that's the point of art, to reflect the reality around it.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

I guess I see your point, I don’t mean to undermine the art, the artist and the struggle that people are going through everyday, I just think since the content is very explicit and controversial, it might need to be contextualized, the way you guys did for example, for it not to be taken the wrong way.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

I see your point too, but the interpretation of a piece of art is not the artist job. If biggie never made that song we probably never would have had this conversation. That’s what an artist does, inspires to think, sheds a light on realities the majority neglects, and imagines the world it could lead to.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum